Sunday, June 19, 2005

Weekend In Review

Friday: Saw Batman again (just as good). 

Saturday: Tried to kill myself (Using whiskey and a water slide).

Sunday: Wanted to kill myself (Because of the whiskey).

Steven Zimmerman still knows how to throw one hell of a party.  The festivities started at one p.m. (I have no idea why he likes to get things started so late.)  I arrived to discover a giant inflatable water slide in the back yard.  I did not have a swimsuit, but I figured after a couple of jack and cokes would cancel any concerns I had about that.  After quite an ordeal setting up the inflatable swimming pool to go at the bottom of the slide, I decided I was ready for the slide.  A particular combination of the whiskey and memories of childhood antics growing up on a lake, I began hurling myself down the slide in a variety of dangerous ways.  Back and front flips, twists, upside down, whatever.  Although I didn't know it at the time, I seriously fucked up my ankle, and can barely walk today.  I also have a nice variety of bruises and scratches.

Anyway, things get kind of fuzzy after that, but I remember being extorted out of eleven dollars over a matter of sunglasses that I supposedly broke.  I'm not real sure how I made it home.  I do know that I drank the whole bottle of whiskey.

Today, I've been paying for it big time.  Hangovers multiplied by pain and soreness from the slide hijinks make for a miserable day.  But, that's the price you pay, I guess.

Thanks for a great time Steve.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do what I can. It was a party, but you made it a CRAZY party...Thanks for coming by.
-Z

6/20/2005 02:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...and I should mention, that I can only take maybe 3% of the credit for making that day happen, it was almost entirely a product of me beautiful and talented Julie.
-Z

6/21/2005 09:29:00 PM  
Blogger wiley said...

I certainly apologize for misplacing my praise. It takes a wonderful hostess to put up with a drunken asshole like me, and Julie certainly fits the bill.

6/22/2005 10:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home