Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Libertarianism

I stole this from a message board, but I liked it and it sums up a lot of my views.

I don't get food stamps, a welfare check, my kids don't go to public schools (I don't have any), but I pay taxes that go into these programs. My real estate tax goes straight to the school district. I don't use that service.

The majority of my taxes go towards causes, programs, or institutions whose services I neither need nor want, and a handful to which I have serious ethical and/or moral objections. But there's no recourse. If I say all of this and want my taxes lowered or changed so I can keep more of my own money, I'm called greedy. When somebody else wants my money for some purpose, they're just needy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Hoser said...

I feel like I'm playing catch-up on your 'blog here, Wiley. From a taxation point of view, that's similar to how I feel. I hate the fact that my tax dollars go towards paying people to sit on their asses. Dumb ass welfare...

3/14/2006 03:57:00 PM  
Blogger BigX said...

Of course you have a very good point here. However, I have to disagree with anyone who disagrees with paying taxes toward education who do not have children. I suppose in short, I have becaome an educational liberal. Hmmm...that still sounds dirty, but man, when you're up to your neck in the scum of america (our youth) you start to further realize how todays marginalized student becomes tommorows victimizer. I am certainly not implying you know this not, however our society has a long way to come as far as not treating our young like second class citizens. MOST of all when you live in " happy at 48th in the country" Alabama. Riley the Deceiver has promised a tax cut for all us potential "lesser of two evils" voters in honor of our surplus. How about using said surplus to launch our states education to maybe 45th or even 43rd in the nation... Nah... tax cuts are better. Yeah....second class citizens. At least the demetia ridden reired dependents of this state can still vote.

3/18/2006 08:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home