Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day

I spend about 729 days out of every two year period being disillusioned with politics.  I'm not exactly sure when that happened.  I used to be a political junkie.  I watched CNN and Fox News every day, scoured the internet, had a subscription to Newsweek.  I worked in Montgomery and enjoyed hearing first-hand about the goings-on of insider politics.

But, that just kind of cooled over time.  Part of is is that I'm a moderate-to-serious Libertarian who doesn't have a lot of use for the PATRIOT Act, the Department of Homeland Security, or their ilk.  Part of it is that I'm annoyed that my technology is being regulated by a man who believes the internet is made of tubes.  Part of it is that I'm just plain sick and tired of partisanship bickering, out of control lobbying, and Congressmen boning 16 year old boys.

On the 730th day of that two year period, however, I still find myself drawn to the television, hanging on every election return.  Staying up till the wee hours of the morning to find out who is going to be the new representative of Hawaii.  Not getting enough of Brokaw, Russert, and Wolf Blitzer.  I love it.

Tomorrow, I guess I'll stick my nose back to my computer monitor and forget about the state of the world.  But tonight, I'm not going to sleep until I know if Missourians are going to ban stem cell research, if the Democrats are going to take the Senate as well as the House, or if Virginians are actually going to re-elect the Macacca guy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/08/2006 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

I've always been pretty oblivious to all things political, but I have taken a few of those "answer a bunch of questions and we'll tell you what party you are" surveys, and they invariably come back Libertarian, so I guess I can live with that.

11/08/2006 10:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home