Thursday, May 22, 2008

Another Announcement

This one might be even slightly bigger than my getting an X-Box.

As most of you know, I have been working as a graduate assistant with the Auburn Athletic department for the last year and a half or so.  It has been a job that I've found incredibly fulfilling.  Full of incredibly smart, dedicated, and hardworking people, it DSC00018is almost like living in an Aaron Sorkin drama.

But now my situation has changed.  No, I'm not leaving the Athletic Department.  Instead, I'm going to be spending a lot more time there.

A few months ago, I became aware that a new IT position would be opening up to help alleviate the duties of managing the incredibly large number of computers and mobile devices used by our coaches, counselors, administrators, and athletes.  I applied for this position and interviewed for it.  And, although I knew that I must be a favorite since it would basically be the same job I was already doing, I nervously waited through the months of red tape that goes into creating a new job.

But now I can officially say that I am a full time employee of Auburn  Athletics.

It is not without some sadness that I leave Graduate School behind (for the time being).  I do leave quite a few credit hours sitting on the table, although no serious progress toward a dissertation.  It is something that I do hope to return to in the future.

But, to be truly honest, the only reason that I've been in grad school for the past five years is that I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up.  And maybe I still don't.  But I do know WHERE I want to be.  And that's right where I am.

War Eagle.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Davis said...

Congratulations Wiley!!! That is so awesome!

5/22/2008 11:36:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's fantastic Wiley, congrats dude!

5/22/2008 11:42:00 PM  
Blogger heapmaster said...

Congrats man!

5/23/2008 11:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home