Sunday, July 29, 2007

237 (Woah!)

So I flipping around the ole' tube earlier tonight and came across the opening minutes of The Shining on CinemaxHD.  It has been a long time since I've seen it, and I became quickly engrossed.  I'm not certain, but I think that I've only ever seen it on video.  So the upgrade to HD was spectacular.  (Although, I must say, Shelley Duvall better be thankful that she was a star before the high definition era.)  Such a great movie.

I do have to say, however, that one of my main thoughts during the movie suggests that I completely miss the point of the story.  But how awesome would it be to get to live alone in a remote hotel, completely secluded, for a whole winter?  I know, I know, "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" and all that, but still . . . Give me a stack of books, DVDs and my laptop (I'd even be okay with no internet) and I'd be good to go.

redrum


REDRUM

Yup.  I'd be A-OK.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude,
I could live without internet for a winter, you I am not so sure about... You are all well and good with-out human contact, that I don't doubt, but last time I checked you were a certifiable internet junkie.
Plus sticking you in a hotel with only two other guests would probably have quite disastrous consequences... Especially if one was a little kid who talked to his finger.

8/09/2007 01:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home