Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Wii Bit of Success

I woke up this morning, took a shower, and then checked my email, like normal.  Much to my surprise, I had a message from one of my professors, canceling my only class for the day.  As I sat around trying to figure out what to do with my newly free day, I happened to check one of those handy online Nintendo Wii inventory trackers.  As many of you know, I have been searching for a Wii ever since launch day, but unwilling to camp out in front of a store for the right to purchase one.  Well, imagine my surprise, the website said that the Opelika Target had them available.  I really didn't believe it.  But, since I had nothing else to do, I figured it at least required a really futile and stupid gesture on somebody's part, and I was just the guy to do it.

But I was wrong.  I walked back to electronics and sitting behind the glass were about a dozen shiny new Wii's.  I was freaking out.  There was no one around.  No geeks waiting.  But no one was working in the department either.  So I pressed the help button.  And waited.  And waited.  For what felt like half an hour, but was probably something closer to two minutes.  Finally, a worker showed up, unlocked the case and extracted a Wii and Zelda.  Victory was mine!

So now, I have made a half-dozen Mii's, honed my skills in tennis and baseball, and worked through the first three hours of Zelda.  I'm sure this will only be a benefit as all of my classes start to ramp up.  Anyway, if any of you are cool like me, my Wii Friend Code is [0869 2825 0319 2439].  I don't know exactly how much we can do at this point (no online games yet), but our Mii's can wave at each other!


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The Wii can be a bit of a workout. Over the New Year's weekend, I must have bowled a few dozen round of Wii Sports Bowling, and my shoulder was killing me for a couple of days. I read somewhere only that a guy lost 10 pounds in a month by changing none of his normal daily activity except playing Wii Sports for about a half hour a day.

1/26/2007 02:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home