Sunday, December 10, 2006

Burnout

For the first time in quite a while, I am completely burned out from school.  Probably since the semester of senior design during my undergraduate career when I got so tired of classes that I mistakenly decided that I didn't want to go straight to grad school.  (Don't worry, I'm not about to make a similar mistake now.)

Over the past month I've taken two take-home exams that took more that 12 hours each to complete.  I have written three 10 page papers.  I have completed one very complex networking project.  And now I'm in the middle of finals.  And that doesn't include the fact that I work 20-24 hours a week.  I went almost a month with no turnover in my Netflix queue.  I haven't read anything for pleasure.  I haven't even been updating this blog.

I think that most of my regular readers know that I don't exactly hold a high opinion of the University of Alabama at Huntsville, where I received my Master's degree.  Not that I'm complaining a whole lot, but I basically breezed through my curriculum there without ever putting any more effort into classes than I did as an undergrad.  I guess I was just used to that when I came into class here at Auburn.  Even back at the beginning of the semester I realized that I was doing more work for less classes that I ever really had before, but I still let it pile up on me creating the terrible last two weeks.

But now it's almost over.  One more final to go, then I can try and recharge before the next semester starts.  I plan to do little except play video games, read, and watch movies and football for three weeks.  I might even try to backdate some entries here about my adventures in Tuscaloosa, New York, and my continuing failure to purchase a Nintendo Wii.

3 Comments:

Blogger stephcl said...

i want a wii.

12/11/2006 08:19:00 AM  
Blogger wiley said...

It's funny, but I keep buying Wii accessories even though I don't own one. I bought a game and a controller thinking that Griffin would bring his on our trip to New York, but he decided not to at the last minute. Then just this weekend I bought some component cables to hook a Wii up to my HDTV. Now if I can just find the actual console . . .

12/11/2006 03:49:00 PM  
Blogger stephcl said...

that's silly! i want one. we have a unopened ps3, but i think hubby wants to sell it and get a wii instead. we are just a nintendo kinda family. he thought a ps3 might be fun with his new hdtv (he got an obnoxiously large 60" sony flat screen something or other model)...but all the while he was secretly craving the wii. boys and electronics...they want it all!

12/15/2006 08:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home