Sunday, December 10, 2006

Burnout

For the first time in quite a while, I am completely burned out from school.  Probably since the semester of senior design during my undergraduate career when I got so tired of classes that I mistakenly decided that I didn't want to go straight to grad school.  (Don't worry, I'm not about to make a similar mistake now.)

Over the past month I've taken two take-home exams that took more that 12 hours each to complete.  I have written three 10 page papers.  I have completed one very complex networking project.  And now I'm in the middle of finals.  And that doesn't include the fact that I work 20-24 hours a week.  I went almost a month with no turnover in my Netflix queue.  I haven't read anything for pleasure.  I haven't even been updating this blog.

I think that most of my regular readers know that I don't exactly hold a high opinion of the University of Alabama at Huntsville, where I received my Master's degree.  Not that I'm complaining a whole lot, but I basically breezed through my curriculum there without ever putting any more effort into classes than I did as an undergrad.  I guess I was just used to that when I came into class here at Auburn.  Even back at the beginning of the semester I realized that I was doing more work for less classes that I ever really had before, but I still let it pile up on me creating the terrible last two weeks.

But now it's almost over.  One more final to go, then I can try and recharge before the next semester starts.  I plan to do little except play video games, read, and watch movies and football for three weeks.  I might even try to backdate some entries here about my adventures in Tuscaloosa, New York, and my continuing failure to purchase a Nintendo Wii.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's funny, but I keep buying Wii accessories even though I don't own one. I bought a game and a controller thinking that Griffin would bring his on our trip to New York, but he decided not to at the last minute. Then just this weekend I bought some component cables to hook a Wii up to my HDTV. Now if I can just find the actual console . . .

12/11/2006 03:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home