Thursday, August 17, 2006

Back to the Grind

Today was my first day of class at Auburn in 3 years.  Dunstan Hall is everything I remember, except for the jackhammers from the new comp-sci building that they are constructing next door.  It's strange having class in the morning, something that they didn't believe in at UAH.  Some may thing that going back to morning classes is a negative, but I'd much rather be starting class at 8 in the morning than not getting out until 8 at night, which was the case more often than not in Huntsville.

I'm taking three classes, Network Security, Wireless and Mobile Networks, and Software Architecture.  The first is going to be my concentration, the second is a subject that I'm very interested in and don't know enough about, and the third . . . well at least I like the teacher.

I was a little surprised (well, not really) that I saw a couple of familiar students from my first go-around at Auburn.  I guess it really is a place that's hard to let go of . . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

8am rather than 8pm??
dang, you are crazy son.

anyway, just thought i would add that i too have now watched brick, and cannot thank you enough for the rec...and for going ahead and letting me know where i know that main character from (otherwise, trying to remember third rock would have driven me nuts throughout the movie).
-dude

8/21/2006 01:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home