Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A New Dot on the Radar

I really haven't had a whole lot of interest in "The Breakup", the new Vince Vaughn/Jennifer Aniston movie that opens this weekend.  The previews aren't bad, and I am a pretty big Vaughn fan, but I had just assumed that it would devolve into your normal sappy romantic comedy that I normally hate so much.

But then, this review popped up on Ain't It Cool News:

"this absolutely is not the cute date movie many are hoping it will be. . . if you're an indie lover, really dig 'uncomfortable' films or just have a general distaste for typical Hollywood romantic comedies, then by all means check this out . . .Closer in tone to The Good Girl, War of the Roses and the last half of Chasing Amy, this film is anything but heart warming . . ."

My interest is piqued.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny... I felt the exact same way about that movie, not to mention that all the hype behind it makes me NOT want to see it. That review sort of makes me want to see it now though.

6/02/2006 09:51:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah. I'm not gonna run out to the theater to watch it or anything, but it might be Netflix-worty.

And I know what you mean about hype being a turn-off. I've used that as my excuse for not reading Harry Potter for years.

6/02/2006 11:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home