Wednesday, June 14, 2006

What have I become?

Two years ago, I was an avowed Apple hater. I mercilessly made fun of everything that they did and anyone who had a Mac.

Then I bought an iPod. "Its just a mp3 player," I said. No big deal. But if you have an iPod, you don't have much choice but to use iTunes. After holding out for a while, playing music in Winamp and only using iTunes for syncing, I finally gave in and let Apple manage my whole music library for me. Eventually, when Mountain Dew started giving away codes for free songs under their bottle caps, I began purchasing music from the iTunes Music Store.

Not long after that, I felt the need to break the chains of wired ethernet. I read about the Apple Airport Express, which would let me stream music wirelessly to my stereo, something I had been missing since I moved my computer and home entertainment center into different rooms. "Cool," I thought.

But that doesn't come anywhere close to where I find myself today. My loyal readers, just look at what I have become:




How pathetic am I? Not only do I find myself with a MacBook, I actually payed a $150 premium to get it painted black. So look at me. Just another Fruit.

So here's the moral. Don't buy an iPod. It really is the path to the dark side. Or at least the matte-black side.

1 Comments:

Blogger Griffin "THE EMPIRE" Smith said...

MWahahahahaha AAAAAAAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! One of us! one of us! ONE OF US! Nw if i can only geet you a one button mouse, you'll be even fruitier than me!

6/15/2006 09:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home