Friday, September 30, 2005

You know what really grinds my gears?

False advertising.

I watched the Family Guy straight-to-dvd movie last night, Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story.  Right there on the cover it says "All New, Outrageous, Uncensored!"  Now I wasn't expecting Lois to bounce around naked, or an extravaganza of vulgarity, like the South Park movie.  But, as I was watching, some of the characters used a few words that George Carlin tells us cannot be used on television.  Which the movie bleeped out.  They bleeped the bleeping cuss words.  Uncensored?  My bleep.

In fact, there were only two scenes which I thought would even be questionable for television.  One was a rather violent parody of a Bugs Bunny cartoon.  The other involved a talking scrotum.  But even those weren't far and above the normal happenings in an episode of Family Guy.

Don't get me wrong.  The movie was hilarious.  Just don't bleeping call the movie un-bleeping-censored if you're going to bleep the bleeping cuss words.

Bleep.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, yea, uhhh, I heard that if you go into options that you can tell it to play the uncensored audio reel. so there is an uncensored version, you just have to turn it on.
not absolutely sure though since i don't have it or anything, if you down load it though, the one I saw was uncensored.
hate to burst your ranting bubble
later man
andrew

10/01/2005 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, a couple of people have mentioned that to me.

I normally go in and check the audio set up options to make sure that they haven't done anything stupid like default to 2.0 sound. Don't know why I didn't that time.

I still say it's a valid complaint though. Why default to a censored track when you advertise it as uncensored? Why even have that on the DVD?

10/03/2005 07:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home