Friday, December 02, 2005

I Shot a Man in Reno, Just To Watch Him Die

In my earlier ranting about the suckiness of the latest Harry Potter movie, I neglected to mention that I also saw Walk The Line over Thanksgiving. While it wasn't a great movie, it's worth seeing for the tremendous performances by Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon. It has the same general problem that I have with most bio-pics; that is, poor pacing and the fact that real people just aren't as interesting to me as fictional ones. But then, I'm weird like that.

But, as a result of watching the movie, I came straight home and downloaded Johnny Cash's live "At Folsom Prison" album. (Shame on you Griffin, for not already having it when I stole your Cash collection). And I've listened to it about two hundred thirty seven times in the week that has passed. Seriously. Cocaine Blues is playing right now. It's an amazing album. I don't care if you like country or not, if you don't respect the passion in that performance, there's something wrong with you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

237!! Wooo!!

12/02/2005 11:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhh.....you beat me to it!

12/07/2005 03:28:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have it set up so that blogger emails me comments that people post, but it doesn't tell me what article the comment is in response to. So, I always just assume that it's in response to the most recent one.

So imagine my surprise when I get an email telling me that "kim said . . . ohhh. . . . you beat me to it!"

Did she enjoy the Victoria's Secret show as much as I did? Is she volunteering to follow me around in nothing but a thong? (not that I would be opposed to that, mind you).

No, she's just responding to a 5 year old joke that, for some reason, people like me keep perpetuating.

12/07/2005 04:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home