Wednesday, October 19, 2005

You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you?

I hate going to the dentist. Years and years of having them poke and drill and grind will do that to you. (And all in the name of cosmetics too. I've never had a cavity.) It's something that I've neglected ever since I moved to Huntsville, and as a result I have gotten some kind of gum infection. Pretty gross stuff that I won't go into the details of, but needless to say, it hasn't been a pleasant experience.

But while I was in the waiting room today, I noticed something strange. There was a coke machine in the corner. With Coca-Cola. It has long been my understanding that soft drinks (along with Halloween candy) are one of the worst things that you can do to your teeth. Especially Coca-Cola, which is essentially battery acid cut with syrup.

I didn't ask anyone about it, but it still seemed strange to me. Maybe it's his way of ensuring repeat customers. Or maybe it's just the lure of the almighty buck. But I'm sure the hygienists enjoy having kids open their mouths with a fresh layer of sticky brown syrup clinging to their teeth . . .

5 Comments:

Blogger Curious Servant said...

I would rather drop something very heavy on my foot than go to the dentist.

10/19/2005 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger Curious Servant said...

And oh yes. I know the difference!

My insurance doesn't cover sadistry.

10/19/2005 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger BigX said...

Reminds me of Little Shop of Horrors... A dentist who IS a sadist!
Yeah gum disease in general really sucks. The only time it is helpful is if you need to frighten small children.

10/28/2005 01:56:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There is a right answer to the question.

I'm kind of disappointed that no one has responded correctly.

10/31/2005 02:10:00 PM  
Blogger BigX said...

I would, but I try not to be an anti-dentite.

11/01/2005 05:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home