Thursday, October 13, 2005

A Blow To My Ego

I am a Jeopardy fanatic.

I come home every day for lunch so I can watch it at 12:30.

I do this because I enjoy testing my knowledge and learning things that I didn't know.  This is contrary to the common belief that I just like to show off how smart I am.  (Ok, there's a little of that too).

As such, I hate kid's week.  It really does nothing for me to run an entire board when the questions are that easy.  For the most part, the only clues that I don't know are ones involving children's literature written after 1990.  I'm not bragging, that's just how it is.

But I still watch, because, like I said, I'm a fanatic.

And today the unthinkable happened.  I didn't know the question for Final Jeopardy.  "This hobby's name is derived from the Greek words for 'light' and 'writing'".  The correct response is, of course, "What is photography?"  I should have known it, but I drew a blank.  I couldn't think of the Greek root for light.  Terrible.

But, at least, none of the snot-nosed little brats got it right either.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home