Friday, February 10, 2006

Freakin' CD Players

So the CD player in my car died.

For those keeping count at home, it the fifth time its happened since I got my first one for my 17th birthday present.  Considering I just celebrated my 25th, that's 5 in 8 years.  Does anyone else have this kind of luck when it comes to car stereos?  I've had really nice, expensive players and dirt cheapo ones, and it really doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference.

I guess I should have seen this one coming, however.  It's the unit that was in my car when I bought it, it has never played CDs without skipping incessantly, and about six months ago the display quit working.  I should have replaced it a while ago, but hey, I'm a procrastinator. 

And, to make matters worse, I've got to drive to Nashville this afternoon.  So, anyone who happens to be on northbound I-65 today, watch out.  There will be a black Civic who's driver won't be able to hear you because he's got his iPod plugged into his ears.

3 Comments:

Blogger Griffin "THE EMPIRE" Smith said...

dude just get a cassette player, it's easier to hook one of those up to an ipod anyways and they're dirt cheap!

2/11/2006 10:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have thought Itrip would have eliminated the need for a CD/Cassette player. Bah, but what do I know?

2/11/2006 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nathan, I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear with my terminology. To be clear, when I said my CD Player had died, I meant my stereo head unit has ceased to be. It now more closely resembles a brick. The iTrip is simply an FM transmitter that lets you play your iPod over the radio.

If I did want to forego another head unit, I could just purchase an amplifier and plug my iPod straight into that. However, I do actually like to listen to the real radio from time to time.

And, Griffin, while I did consider getting a cassette player and a tape adapter, I'm just too much of a technology snob to consider buying inferior technology like that. So I did the next best thing. I now have a cd player head unit that also has auxillary RCA inputs. So I don't have to worry about annoying RF interferance like with the iTrip, but I can still play CDs if I ever want to, as well as listen to the radio.

2/14/2006 08:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home